Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Football

I have always been a football fan. 

I couldn't wait for the NFL season to start every fall and mourned the end of the Superbowl in the spring - and the empty Sundays that followed. But the World Cup has ruined me for football - the American version that is.

Now all I see is a few overweight, out-of-shape, guys standing around waiting for someone to tell them what to do next. Then they take numerous time-out's while the owners pass the collection plate. It's all become quite boring. And, of course, soccer is boring too. So I'm afraid I've been spoiled for all football.

Maybe if American pro football were more like a video game. You know, let the TV audience (and/or live audience) vote on the next formation, play call, and field personnel; for both offense and defense. With just a little bump in technology we could do this in the time while everyone is standing around between plays (or watching replays).

An App for that...

It could even increase attendance at the stadiums if it were restricted to the paid attendees. Sure it would diminish the importance of all those coaches, and the owners would have to give up some control. But think of all the money to be made. We're talking dot com money here. The coaches could even sell subscriptions to their tip sheets and game plans. Bamm, we've created a whole new industry.

But all this wouldn't make much difference for me because I'm not a fan of the video games either.




No comments: