Saturday, December 6, 2014

Early Saturday

Holiday Break


Junior bowling has a 6 week lay-off for holidays and tournaments so this morning I hopped on my bike and headed to campus for coffee.
Lake Mendota - Alumni Pier
The Memorial Union doesn't open until 8 on Saturday so I had some time to kill on the 'closed' terrace. I watched the waves dance to the sound of the cold north wind and listened to the gulls sing accompaniment. The wind wasn't that cold but I was still glad when 8:00 came around and the doors opened.

No coffee


Now Peets Coffee Shop doesn't open until 9:00 on Saturday, so I'll have to write 'on water' for a while this morning. But the adventures of Red and Jack will have to wait for the coffee, I'm afraid.

How do you think it's going so far? I'm kind of excited about the way it's heading. I think there is a great deal of danger lurking around the corner. I didn't intend this at the onset. Who could have known it would go here? Me? No, don't kid yourself; I don't know any more than you at this point. I have an idea, yes.

There's Billy; a dicey character at the very least. Is he crazy? Where has he been all these years - really? Is Billy telling the truth.? What is the truth? It's pretty tough to totally disregard what he says because we know the train existed. Both Jack and JJ saw it take Billy away and then disappear. Maybe Grandpa and JJ are both as crazy as Billy. Just ask Jimmy. Will it fall on Red to figure all this out? Will the various ladies in the 'cast' have some input? I'm sure they'd like to.

It struck me that this is kind of like live theater - or improv. You'll see what I mean. There are little quirks that came into the story which really had no meaning at the time (I thought) but they will take on greater meaning later on. It's just lucky, I think, that I put them in there.

Remember that each chapter has to stand on it's own; I don't go back and change (insert/delete) things. This story is written - and published - one chapter at a time.

Coffee's on.  Let's see where it goes...  (the story - not the coffee).

No comments: